GialloZafferano, Italy’s most popular cooking web site is celebrating the success of “Le ricette degli Chef” (“Recipes of the Chefs), the section of the site devoted to award-winning Italian chefs, pastry chefs, bread-makers and pizzaioli.
For the first time the biggest names in high-level Italian cooking have joined together in the publishing project of a cooking web site with the aim of sending out a message: the value of traditional Italian food and simplicity.
The chefs take users by the hand and – in video tutorials shot in the GialloZafferano kitchen – guide them through the preparation of a classic dish of Italian cooking, while recounting the stories, emotions, origins and tricks that only a great chef knows, to transform a simple recipe into a gourmet dish.
Simplicity is fundamental, but it demands technique, study and professionalism, all things that are identified with the GialloZafferano style. A style that is fully reflected in the “Ricette degli Chef”: dishes that are easy to prepare at home, with simple and easy to find ingredients, that enable everyone to cook with joy and pleasure.
The section “Le ricette degli Chef” already has a number if important contributors:
– Davide Oldani, 1* Michelin from the D’O restaurant in Cornaredo, with his Zafferano e Riso alla Milanese D’O, a lighter and gourmet reinterpretation of the classic risotto alla milanese;
– Iginio Massari, one of the world’s leading pastry chefs and TV personality, with his irresistible Tiramisù;
– Davide Scabin, 1* Michelin form the Combal.Zero restaurant, with a classic mayonnaise and old-style vitello tonnato;
– Alessandro Negrini, 2* Michelin and the creative soul of the renowned Milan restaurant “Il luogo di Aimo e Nadia” with pizzoccheri valtellinesi, a memory from his birthplace;
– Ernst Knam, the “King of Chocolate”, with his Sacher Tort and Red Velvet;
– Cristina Bowerman 1* Michelin, with her recipes for an American-style breakfast, omelette and omelette with vegetables;
– Sal de Riso, Master Pastry Chef, TV personality and the “ambassador” of all that’s best from the Amalfi Coast, with his torta caprese, delizie al limone and torta paradiso;
– Franco Pepe, crowned as the world’s best pizzaiolo by the prestigious international guide “Where to eat Pizza” with pizzelle fritte and the pizza di scarola;
– The Master Pastry Chef, Alfonso Pepe, with his panettone, a national multi-award winner, a fascinating recipe that is also rather complex;
– Gabriele Bonci, one of Italy’s leading bakers with his secrets on how to create solid and liquid yeasts;
– Paolo Sacchetti, the Master Pastry Chef from the “Nuovo Mondo” in Prato, with mouth watering recipes for savoiardi and zabaione,
– Cesare Battisti, the chef of Ratanà in Milan, with roast pork loin and English roast beef;
– Fabio Abbattista, the successor of Gualtiero Marchesi s the head of the Albereta Relais & Chateaux in Erbusco with orecchiette alle cime di rapa, risotto ai funghi and fiori di zucca in pastella;
– directly from Paris, Denny Imbroisi, for many years the sous-chef of Alain Ducasse and now the owner of the Ida and Epoca restaurants, among the finalists of the TV programme for professionals Top Chef France with profiterol and tarte tatin;
– The chef Claudio Sadler, 1* Michelin for the Sadler restaurant, one of the leading interpreters of Italian cuisine, with the great classic costoletta alla milanese.
Given the positive response of users and the attention of the starred chefs for the GialloZafferano audience, the project will be enriched with more big names from the world of upscale Italian cooking to increasingly enhance the culinary assets of our great tradition.
According to the recent “Food media brands” survey, carried out by Human Highway, GialloZafferano, the Mondadori Group’s food brand, is considered the “Top Of Mind” brand for 21% of Italians online and held by 39% to be “never again without” in the kitchen and the most used site for cooking.
The site has a monthly audience of 6.3 million unique users (Source: Audiweb Total Digital Audience, November 2017), a community of over one thousand blogs and 9 million fans on Facebook. A new version of the app with a range of new functions was released in December and is available from the iTunes and Google Play Stores, where it has recorded over 6 million downloads and 110,000 active daily users (Source: iTunes – Google Play Store – Google Analytics).
Every month it is also on newsstands with the magazine GialloZafferano.