- News and press releases
- “Interni Designer’s Week®” 2021 edition: INTERNI presents talks, debates and encounters dedicated to design, sustainability and the circular economy
This month, Milan reconfirms its central role in international design and thanks to the INTERNI system wants to start again from creativity, production and communication. After the outstanding success of the 2020 edition, the Mondadori Group magazine edited by Gilda Bojardi, has organised a new edition of INTERNI Designer’s Week® (the first was in 1990), the urban event dedicated to Industrial and Furniture Design, in the sense of the culture of design and innovation.
The initiative, which is supported by the City of Milan and will take place on the occasion of Milano Design City, from 12 to 23 April, offers conferences, meetings, debates and phygital events dedicated to new collections and product previews that will take place in the city’s showrooms and galleries and corporate offices, using the magazine’s media platforms to disseminate design projects, opinions, stories, products, ideas and the people who generate them.
“The pandemic and restrictions do not have to translate into a communication gap,” said the editor, Gilda Bojardi. “And in this context, INTERNI, which has always been a partner of design companies and an online and offline communication tool for the entire system, offers itself as a promoter/supporter of the restart and re-igniting of the creative spirit of Milan,” the editor concluded.
The communication programme
In fact, this April will again be without the Milan Design Week (Salone and FuoriSalone) but, to amplify leading innovations in the world of design, the INTERNI Designer’s Week® Milan has organised an articulated communication programme that includes:
- a guide with the calendar of all the events of the Designer’s Week Milan in print (distributed at showrooms and on newsstands with the magazine) and digital versions (available on any device) and enriched with photo galleries and videos;
- the digital newspaper Interni Design Journal with in-depth articles and films conveyed through a system of daily newsletters that will also serve as a save-the-date for all the events;
- the reinforcement of all social media activities;
- The INTERNI Meeting Point, staged at the Istituto Marangoni Milano Design School (Via Cerva 24) which will feature talks and interviews on the future of design, with meetings with architects and designers, which can also be seen in streaming on the INTERNI website;
- banners around in the city and a press campaign in newspapers and magazines, out of home print & digital and a DOOH led-wall circuit;
- to broaden the audience for companies, INTERNI has introduced Audience Targeting communication – in partnership with AdKaora, a digital advertising company – by sending to professionals from the sector SMS to 38,000 Italian architects, with a direct link to the Digital Guide, and DEM to approximately 100,000 profiled names, with the content of brand initiatives.
In addition, on the occasion of INTERNI Designer’s Week®, the website www.internimagazine.it will be renewed and strengthened, with an even more integrated and circular editorial program between web and social networks. Every day stories, surveys, interviews, projects and opinions from the world of design, but also a wall of product news told by INTERNI and a section dedicated to the Interior Design Journal.
INTERNI Designer’s Week® talks
Twelve days of meetings, interviews, real and virtual debates, to discuss Italian industrial know-how and to talk about sustainability and the circular economy in production and consumption, issues that companies know they can no longer ignore or exclude themselves from ethical and virtuous behaviour. Expressing their point of view, established opinion leaders from their respective production sectors, at both the Italian and international level, and new generations who have made research their core business: designers, architects, creatives, artists and art directors, entrepreneurs, sociologists, communication and science theorists, public and private institutional authorities, with the aim of presenting a new vision of sustainable design, for a more inclusive, interactive, democratic world. With contributions from: Paolo Lioy (CEO of Whirlpool Italia), Luisa Lavagnini (Head of Research & Technological Innovation at Eni), Francesco Santangelo (Head of Relations and Initiatives at Eni gas and electricity), architects Paola Navone, Giulio Cappellini, Antonio Citterio, Carlo Ratti, Italo Rota and Professor Davide Rampello.
Two main partners will accompany INTERNI during the Designer’s Week: AUDI and Eni.
For this occasion, Audi is once again present in Milan, a concrete and effective demonstration of an affinity in terms of values with the territory in terms of innovation and progress. Thanks to unveiling and the possibility of personally discovering the new Q4 e-tron, the first premium compact zero-emission electric platform SUV, Audi is reconfiguring its presence in Milan and has entrusted Mario Cucinella and his studio MCA – Mario Cucinella Architects, leader in sustainable design, the United for Progress installation. The space is located in a place that, like Audi, has been able to break the rules: BAM – Biblioteca degli Alberi Milano, the contemporary botanical garden in Porta Nuova.
Eni has also confirmed its presence at Designer’s Week in Milan where, in collaboration with INTERNI, it will present two meetings on energy, a fundamental issue for our present and future. The first meeting will take participants to Dubai where, in the Italian Pavilion at Expo, Eni will demonstrate its technology for a decarbonised future thanks also to CO2-captuing microalgae that, from a circular economy perspective, become new products applicable in a range of different fields. The second, with Eni gas and electricity, will discuss the importance energy efficient and sustainable homes to help build a low-emission future for our cities.
At this particularly complicated time, INTERNI reaffirms its strategic role in the world of design – a fundamental sector for society, in which Milan is an irreplaceable point of reference for the whole national system – involving in this important initiative over 50 of the main Made in Italy furniture producers and 100 designers in 12 days of virtual presentations and talks.
The INTERNI Designer’s Week® talks will take place from 13 to 22 April at the INTERNI Meeting Point, at the Istituto Marangoni in vVa Cerva 24, and will be streamed from 6.30pm on the homepage of the website www.internimagazine.it.
Partners of the INTERNI Meeting Point: Ferrarelle, illy, Whirlpool.