On 28 July 2016, following the entry into force of the new Market Abuse Regulation, introduced by Regulation (EU) No. 596/2014, the Board of Directors introduced new Operating provisions regarding sensitive information, for inside information as defined by Article 7 of Regulation (EU) No. 596/2014, which replaced the procedure in place since 1 April 2006. The procedure places the responsibility for handling inside information with the Chief Executive Officer, who may enlist, as applicable, the services of the Central Finance, Procurement and Information Systems (Corporate and Legal Affairs Department, M&A and Investor Relations functions), the Communications and Media Relations Department and any other functions involved in relation to the contents and type of information.
The Procedure aims to:
- regulate the ways in which corporate documents and information concerning Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A. are monitored, managed and circulated within the Company, especially with regard to inside information as per Article 7 of Regulation (EU) No. 596/2014;
- regulate the ways in which inside information is disclosed to the market and the public, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations pertaining to inside information;
- regulate and maintain the Register of persons with access to inside information.
The procedures on the handling of company information include the Internal Dealing Disclosure Procedure, adopted by the Board of Directors on 1 April 2006.
The procedure aims to:
- identify parties required to make the disclosures, regarding Mondadori shares or financial instruments connected to them, envisaged by Art. 114, paragraph 7 of the Consolidated Law on Finance (replacing Legislative Decree 58/1998);
- notify the relevant parties about said identification, the related obligations and the methods of carrying out the disclosures required by law;
- identify the person responsible for receiving, managing and disclosing the aforementioned disclosures to the market.