GialloZafferano, the Mondadori Group brand and Italy’s leading cooking website, has launched a new version of its app, which has already been downloaded more than 6 million times (Source: iTunes and Google Play) and has a daily average of 110,000 active users (Source: Google Analytics).
An improvement of the multi-channel di GialloZafferano offer which, this year, has pursued an extensive brand extension strategy with the launch in April of the monthly magazine and the publication in November of a book of recipes by the foodbloggers of the community.
With a graphic redesign, and a more useful and user-friendly interface, the new app has been expanded to include a range of functions to help users, from deciding what to prepare to shopping for provisions, as well as the different phases of preparation.
New features include:
– Favourite recipes: whether it’s Sunday lunch, a dinner with friends or a menu for a special occasion, it is possible to choose the name and the composition of your own recipe collection;
– Shopping lists: make sure you don’t forget any of the ingredients you need and what recipes they are for. Practical and shareable with whoever you want;
– Photo-commentary of recipes: to participate in the GialloZafferano community with feedback on recipes and talking about dishes you’ve prepared with photos of your efforts;
– Giallo Zafferano always by your side: thanks to a new registration process, also using Facebook, all of the GialloZafferano services are synchronised and can be used on both the app and on the website. Access using a smartphone of PC, you can easily find your recipes;
– Recipe of the day: with a push notification on your smartphone, you can also receive the recipe of the day, selected by the editorial team, who choose and organise the best dishes to help users discover new ideas for lunches, dinners and parties.
Each recipe is accompanied by lots of useful information – from preparation difficulty to the time required for preparation and cooking and the number of courses – with dishes organised by course and category.
With this new version of the app, GialloZafferano will be an even more effective tool for the brand’s community which, according to the recent survey “Food media brands”, conducted by Human Highway, is considered the “Top Of Mind” brand, for 21% of Italians online, and is seen as being “irreplaceable in the kitchen” and the site most used for cooking by 39% of users.