The Shareholders’ Meeting of Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A., held on 27 April 2017 and chaired by Marina Berlusconi, approved the financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2016, and reviewed the 2016 consolidated financial statements of the Mondadori Group, which show a net profit of 22.5 million euro, improving by 16.1 million euro, therefore tripling versus 6.4 million euro in 2015.
In his report, CEO Ernesto Mauri presented the key figures on the performance of the Mondadori Group in 2016, as disclosed to the market last 21 March.
The Shareholders’ Meeting, in accordance with the Board of Directors’ proposal, resolved to fully cover the loss for the year of 15.2 million euro of the Parent Company Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A. (versus 32 million euro in the prior year) by using a corresponding amount of reserves.
Moreover, the Shareholders’ Meeting resolved, in ordinary session, approving the following items on the agenda:
- confirmation of the co-opted Director, pursuant to art. 2386 of the Italian Civil Code;
- approval of Banzai Media S.r.l. financial statements at 31 December 2016, Directors’ Report on Operations and the reports from the Supervisory Body and the Independent Auditing Firm of Banzai Media S.r.l.;
- approval of Section One, on Remuneration Report, pursuant to art. 123-ter, par. 6, of Legislative Decree no. 58 of 24 February 1998;
- authorization for the purchase and sale of treasury shares, pursuant to the combined provisions of articles 2357 and 2357-ter of the Italian Civil Code;
- approval of the adoptions of a 2017/2019 Performance Share Plan
As for the extraordinary session, the AGM resolved on:
- amendment to art. 7 of the Company by-laws;
- amendment to art. 17 of the Company by-laws.