Key figures for 2015
- Revenues: 196 million euro
- >600 stores throughout Italy
- e-commerce: Mondadoristore.it
Our network of over 600 stores across the entire country is the largest cultural retail network in Italy.
With 3 different store formats, depending on the area – Megastore, Bookstore and Point – and 4 sales channels (direct sales outlets, franchises, the web and book clubs), we serve over 20 million customers every year.
Our strategy is based on expansion of the network of retail outlets and of the product categories offered, as well as on cost optimisation, focus on the customer – through improved organisational efficiency and the use of all available online and offline resources able to improve the shopping experience – and innovation.
Through the book club under the Mondolibri brand, Mondadori Retail S.p.A. is undisputed Italian leader in mail-order book sales, with approximately half a million members and over 5 million copies sold each year.
It is possible to join three different clubs:
- Euroclub, aimed at predominantly female readers and fans of light reading and manuals;
- Club degli Editori – Il Circolo, dedicated mainly to popular and adventure literature, including history, science, philosophy and art books;
- Club per Voi, which offers deep discounts on popular fiction, manuals and mystery novels.
The Mondolibri brand offers its members the possibility of choosing their books on the internet as well, together with other online sales services:
- Books for You: Italy’s leading book club that uses the prepaid credit formula and where membership does not involve any minimum purchase;
- Shoprivè: e-commerce service that offers the best national and international brands at unbeatable prices.
The site offers 11 million products, including eBooks in 67 languages, the complete eReader Kobo series, books in Italian and foreign languages, school textbooks and a wide array of movies, music, games, electronics and gift ideas.
Mondadoristore.it offers reading suggestions, information and updates on all the events, promotions and activities organised by the company’s chain of bookstores throughout Italy. It is also possible to use a series of customer services, such as “Punto di Ritiro” (which allows users to shop online and pick up purchases at associated outlets) and an annual subscription to “Invia Gratis” for free delivery.